Prom is a very special moment you’ve probably been waiting for during all your school years. When the time comes, you get very nervous about how to arrange your hair, what makeup suits you better, and especially, what to wear.
You’re graduating this year and have to decide among pretty prom dresses to wear that special night? Well, start getting excited, because there are many styles for prom dress 2024 trends you can choose from. Probably, as a kid, you used to admire those shiny huge ballgowns your favorite Disney princess wore and you may wish to wear one of those now, or maybe you want to opt for a simpler design. Whatever it is that you prefer, get ready to steal the crown-wearing your dream dress.
Want to be a shining star on prom night?
Fortunately, pretty prom dresses UK come in all of the luxurious fabrics you could think of, such as satin and tulle; beautiful styles such as delicate spaghetti straps and sexy open backs; beaded or sequined decorations, and much more. Prom dress 2024 trends offer you dozens of breathtaking styles for you to choose from.
If you want to be a shining star on your prom night you have to follow some steps:
- Get inspiration. Look through Instagram or magazines to decide what you like and what you don’t about this season’s styles. Taking a look at what celebrities are wearing could also help your choice.
- Fix your budget. This may not seem important, but it is. Before starting your choice process, you should think of your budget and stick to it. In this way, you will find it much easier. It is important that you know where to buy prom dresses UK that adapt to your wallet.
- Follow your heart regarding what type of dress you’d really want to wear and also your instinct regarding what best fits your body.
- Decide type of fabric (for example, satin, chiffon, silk, lace), size, length and style. With the right choices, your dream prom dress can become real.
- Choose your color. The color you choose depends on your personality and the mood you want to show on your prom night. Make sure you choose a color in which you feel comfortable.
- Taking into account your skin tone, your hair color, your body shape and the prom theme will help you narrow down your choice.
- If you found an online store you liked, you may make a wish list and then start discarding them until you are left with the one.
Trends in pretty prom dresses vary every season as new designs and styles emerge, making their way into social media. However, if you want a timeless dress, you may opt for the classic ones. There’s no one answer if you wonder which dress is the best, but if you want it to be timeless, you should definitely choose one that contains both classic and current styles. Simplicity should be your tag: one single fabric choice and small, delicate, modest details.
The ultimate guide of prom dresses trends 2024: Top 5 Dresses You can Choose
- Sleeveless long maxi A line lace dress
This elegant evening dress is a sophisticated yet romantic option for your prom night. It features a high neckline and a lace bust which is padded and you can wear with no bra. It has a concealed zipper on the back, which makes it easier to put on. You can choose among eight different colors: romantic burgundy, modest navy blue or grey, bold dark purple or purple orchid, classic black or white, and finally, for a different look, a dusty blue.
- Maxi long mermaid prom dress
If you literally want to shine like the star of the night, then this may be your best option: a floor-length sequin and velvet maxi mermaid dress that shows enough to make you feel sexy and elegant at the same time. It has a concealed zipper up the back to easily put it on. It’s available in burgundy, dark green, purple orchid, dark purple, blush and navy blue.
- Ethereal tulle dress
This maxi long tulle dress will make you feel like a true princess coming out a fairytale. If you are more of a romantic style and want to wear a looser style, you may choose this gauzy tulle gown which has a light, flowy effect with delicate details. What’s more, it’s padded, so you can wear it with no bra and still feel comfortable. You can choose between three soft, delicate colors: dusty blue, grey and white.
- Double V neck elegant dress
Keeping the romantic, princess-like style, this is another delightful option you may choose. Fully made of tulle and with a full skirt, this dress will make you feel in a castle from a fairytale. Different from the previous option, this floor-length gown one features a V-neck and has a concealed zipper on the back. It is padded, so you can comfortably wear it with no bra. What’s even better, you can choose from many of the following colors: purple orchid, blush, grey, burgundy, lavender, teal, green blue, dusty blue.
- V-neck A-line sequin dress
This is the queen of the dresses. If you want to feel like a queen, this may be your option! Featuring a sequined top with regular stripes and a double deep V-neckline on the front and back, long sleeves and a flowy A-line skirt, this sexy, elegant prom dress will make you shine all night long. It has a concealed zipper on the back. What color? Rose gold, of course. Be a queen in sequined gold!
Where to buy affordable prom dresses UK
If you are wondering where to buy prom dresses UK, then these online stores may help you choose the perfect dress for your dream night. The following are some stores offering beautiful, high-quality dresses that ship worldwide so you don’t have to worry about living in a different part of the world: Ever Pretty, David's bridal and Lulus. If your budget is a bit higher, you can also visit Allagown or PromGirl and choose among hundreds of different options.