If you’re struggling to find the perfect bridesmaid dresses for your Glasgow wedding, don’t stress! We’ve put together this guide on how to choose the ideal dresses to keep your Glasgow girls happy and stylish.
- Considering Glasgow Wedding Venues
- Where to Shop for Bridesmaid Dresses in Glasgow?
- Top Online Retailers for Bridesmaid Dresses
Considering Glasgow Wedding Venues
Your wedding venue sets the tone for every aspect of your big day - including your bridesmaids' dresses! When planning a Glasgow wedding, choosing a location with the right ambience is key to determining what styles will complement the setting and make your maids shine.
From historic castles to trendy loft spaces, Glasgow offers amazing wedding venues to fit any bride's vision. Here's your guide to selecting perfect bridesmaid dresses to match popular Glasgow wedding venues and themes.
Classic Glasgow Venues
If you've chosen one of Glasgow's many elegant historic venues, timeless bridesmaid dresses in classic silhouettes and fabrics pair beautifully with the setting.
The Grand Central Hotel - This iconic hotel features spectacular grand ballrooms with chandeliers and opulent details.
- For a glamorous look, choose sleek satin column dresses in rich jewel tones like sapphire blue or burgundy. Have maids wear hair in chic updos and carry cascading bouquets.
Òran Mór - Set in a converted church, this venue boasts soaring ceilings, stained glass windows and a romantic Gothic ambiance.
- Complement the surroundings with A-line chiffon dresses in blush pink or pale blue. Have maids wear loose curls and delicate floral crowns.
House for an Art Lover - With art nouveau architecture and manicured gardens, this venue has old world European charm.
- Make maids look feminine and whimsical in fit-and-flare dresses. Keep their look soft with floral hair wreaths.
Gothic Meets Modern Venues
Venues that blend Gothic ambiance with modern details call for bridesmaid looks that bridge classic and contemporary style.
The Corinthian Club - With spectacular chandeliers, marble pillars and decadent decor, this opulent club has touches of Gothic flair.
- Make a statement with bold berry or red floor length dresses in mermaid or -line shapes. Add art deco inspired jewelry like crystal headbands or long beaded necklaces.
Kimpton Blythswood Hotel - Set in a stunning historic building, the hotel's modern additions like clear tents and greenery in the courtyard create an eclectic feel.
- Capture the vibe with short chiffon dresses with sheer long sleeves in moody jewel tones like emerald or sapphire. Give maids loose boho waves and tropical looking flower crowns.
City Chic Venues
For brides marrying at one of Glasgow's urban loft, studio or warehouse spaces, bridesmaid dresses take a contemporary turn.
SWG3 - This edgy warehouse venue pairs industrial details like steel beams and concrete floors with fun lighting installations and artistic touches.
Outfit maids in sleek dresses in hues like navy, black, dove grey, blush or taupe . Strappy heels and messy side-swept curls finish the urban look.
Tontine Building - With its exposed brick interior, massive skylight and modern lounge spaces, this venue oozes Glasgow city style.
- Say yes to one-shoulder dresses in sleek silhouettes. Have maids wear pumps and bold statement jewelry.
Cottiers - Formerly a church, Cottiers features graffiti style art, neon signs, and a laid back vibe.
- Capture the creative energy by allowing maids to pick their own unique dresses in your chosen colour palette. Add fun touches like temporary hair colours.
Rustic Inspired Venues
For those drawn to Glasgow venues with more natural ambiance, rustic inspired bridesmaid dresses fit right in.
Beancross Farm - This working farm surrounded by countryside is ideal for a rural wedding.
- Have maids pair flowy chiffon maxi dresses with cowboy boots for an ethereal boho vibe. Loose braids with flowers and greenery complete the woodland fairy look.
The Coach House - Exposed stone and raw wood give this renovated 19th century stable block a timeworn feel.
- Play up the rustic charm with maids in lace dresses with cap sleeves and scoop backs. Have them wear floral crowns in their loose waves.
Knockderry House Cove - A 17th century castle turned country house, this venue offers romantic walled gardens and pastoral views.
- Capture the countryside elegance in floaty off the shoulder bridesmaid gowns with ruffled skirts. Carry wildflower posies and weave flowers into loose braided updos.
Where to Shop for Bridesmaid Dresses in Glasgow?
Once you've settled on the bridesmaid look you want, it's time to shop! Here are some of the best local Glasgow boutiques to browse bridal parties styles:
- The Bridal Gallery - Chic designer bridesmaid dresses ranging from sleek satin column dresses to ethereal chiffon maxis.
- Eleanor Louisa Bridal - This designer boutique does gorgeous custom-made bridesmaid dresses in laces, silks and chiffons.
- Jean Jackson Couture - Family-run shop offering bridesmaids' dresses in diverse styles, prints and fabrics to suit any wedding.
- Diamond Dolls - For vintage-loving brides, this shop has a great selection of unique, retro-inspired bridesmaid dresses.
- Opulence - Find curve-flattering, affordable bridesmaid dresses in multiple colours and fabrics. Customisation available.
- Perfect Daze - Two Glasgow locations filled with hundreds of bridesmaid dresses in all lengths, fabrics and sizes.
Top Online Retailers for Bridesmaid Dresses
Can't find just what you're looking for locally? Check out these top UK online retailers with tons of bridesmaid dress options:
- Ever Pretty UK - Affordable, trendy bridesmaid dresses with new styles constantly being added.
- Chi Chi London - Fun, feminine bridesmaid dresses mixing florals, lace, sequins and prints. Perfect for the girly bride.
- Maya - Elegant bridesmaid dresses in high quality fabrics like chiffon and satin. Great for black tie weddings.
- Coast - Sophisticated dresses with fine details and figure flattering shapes. Ideal for classic and vintage inspired weddings.
- Monsoon - Known for airy chiffon maxi dresses and floral prints. Perfect for garden ceremonies and relaxed receptions.
- Lindybop - Retro inspired dresses at affordable prices. A go-to for unique tea length and 1950s silhouettes.
Say Yes...to the Perfect Bridesmaid Dresses!