Asking your best friends to stand by your side on your wedding day is a special moment that calls for a thoughtful bridesmaid proposal. While getting down on one knee isn’t necessary, taking the time to create cute and personalised bridesmaid proposal cards can make popping the question even more memorable.
From sweet and sentimental messages to fun and playful designs, your bridesmaid proposal cards should reflect your relationship with your wedding party. This is your chance to get creative and have a bit of fun with it!
To help you craft the perfect bridesmaid proposal, here are some ideas for cute and creative card messages.
Sentimental and Heartfelt Messages
If you want your bridesmaid proposal cards to pull at the heartstrings, go for a thoughtful message that expresses how much your bridesmaids mean to you. Here are some sentimental ideas that will show your wedding party how special they are:
- "You've been my best friend since we were five years old playing dress up and planning our dream weddings. Now my dream is coming true and I can’t imagine my big day without my childhood BFF standing by my side. Will you make my fairytale complete by being my bridesmaid?”
- “From late night talks to sharing secrets, you’ve been my go-to girl for it all. Now I want to share the most magical day of my life with you. Will you be my bridesmaid?”
- “We’ve been through so much together - the good, the bad and the ugly! But through it all, you’ve always been there for me. I would be honoured if you would stand by my side on my wedding day as my bridesmaid.”
- “I can’t wait to walk down the aisle knowing my soul sister is standing behind me. Your love and support means the world to me. Will you make my wedding day complete and be my bridesmaid?”
- “They say friends are the family you choose and I couldn’t have chosen a better sister. Say yes and make my wedding day our adventure!”
If you’re asking long-distance bridesmaids, mention how much their friendship means despite the distance:
- “Oceans apart but close at heart! Our friendship is one of a kind. Will you be my bridesmaid?”
Funny and Playful Messages
Want to give your bridesmaid proposal a humorous spin? Funny, playful messages are perfect for adding a touch of lightheartedness. Lean into inside jokes or weddings puns with these type of messages:
- "It would make me over the moon if you said yes to being my bridesmaid! But no pressure - take your time, don’t just Saturn automatic yes my way!”
- “Don’t leave me standing at the altar alone! Please pluto your pride aside and be my bridesmaid!”
- “Things are about to get cheesy...fondue you want to be my bridesmaid?”
- “I kneed someone sweet by my side on the big day. Will ewe be my bridesmaid?”
- “We go together like cake and champagne. BFF, will you be my bridesmaid and drink bubbly with me on the big day?”
- “I can’t imagine my wedding day without my partner in crime! Say you’ll be my bridesmaid and make my fairytale come true!”
- If you have inside jokes or favourite shows/movies, work them into your message:
- “You’re the Ann Perkins to my Leslie Knope - will you stand by my side as my bridesmaid?”
- “I promise no crazy hijinks if you agree to be my bridesmaid! Just good times and dancing the night away.”
You know your bridesmaids best, so feel free to get as silly or cheeky as they would appreciate!
Make your bridesmaids feel extra special by personalising your cards with details that make the proposal unique to your friendship. Some ideas:
Reference memories only the two of you share:
- “From getting ready for prom together to being each other’s plus ones, we’ve shared so many amazing memories. Now I want to make more memories with you by my side as my bridesmaid on my wedding day!”
- “Spice Girls forever! Emma, will you make the day super spicy and be my bridesmaid?”
- “I can’t go on this wine tasting adventure without my favourite wino! Say you’ll be my bridesmaid and keep my glass full on the big day!”
- “Mint chocolate chip is our ride or die ice cream flavour. Will you be my mint to be bridesmaid?”
- “I don’t want to build my new kingdom without my Khaleesi by my side! Please say yes to being my bridesmaid!”
Adding personal touches makes your bridesmaid proposal extra thoughtful and meaningful.
Cute Illustrations and Graphics
While the wording is key, don’t underestimate the power of adorable graphics and illustrations! Cute drawings and visually appealing designs make your bridesmaid proposal cards extra engaging.
Some illustration ideas include:
- A hand-lettered name or nickname
- An illustrated version of your friend with speech bubbles
- Fun avatars or Bitmojis of you both
- Animated Disney characters if you both love Disney
- Illustrated champagne glasses and flowers
- A drawing of your wedding venue
- Sketched images representing favourite activities or memories
- Customised maps marking special places or your friendship timeline
- Minimalist icons and designs in their favourite colours
- Beautiful floral graphics and wreaths
Don’t shy away from getting crafty either! You can decorate your cards with:
- Colourful scrapbook paper cut-outs
- Polaroids of you together through the years
- Cut out letters to spell “Will you be my bridesmaid?”
- Die-cut floral shapes and glitter accents
- Washi tape with patterns and phrases
Take your proposal up a notch by presenting your card with cute bridesmaid gifts like matching slippers, mini champagne bottles, jewellery and customised notebooks. The complete package will leave your bridesmaids touched and excited to accept your proposal!
Creative Ways to Deliver Your Proposal
For an extra dose of surprise and delight, get creative with how you deliver your bridesmaid proposal cards:
- Mail your cards in customised boxes or gift bags
- Tie your card to a bouquet or bottle of their favourite drink
- Hide clues and notes leading them to the card
- Deliver your proposal in person for a big reveal
-Coordinate with other bridesmaids for an Instagram reveal
- Record a sweet video message to send with the proposal
- Ask mutual friends to hand-deliver notes before the big ask
- Set up a cute display at home or where you’re proposing
- Book a spa day and surprise them with cards during your treatments
- Plan a fun night in and give them matching pjs and cards
No matter how you decide to pop the question, putting thought into your proposal card messages and presentation will show your bridesmaids how much they mean to you. The wedding planning adventure starts here!